The aim of the Supporting Each other Group is to make contact with, and offer friendship and help to, anyone in our community who needs it. This could be by :
* helping an elderly person with shopping
* inviting someone round for coffee and a chat
* or befriending someone whose life makes them feel alone, such as a single parent.
We have so far made contact with elderly people in local sheltered housing and churches and we would welcome any further suggestions and information from our members, as well as offers of help.[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]
Another way of supporting each other is to join the NN chat group, which has been set up to help our community to link up with each other.
It can be used for:
- Making friends
- Sharing information about the neighbourhood
- Asking for advice, or help for oneself or someone else
- Offering things to swap or give away
- Help with finding tried and tested services
- Asking to borrow things
Each user needs to sign up and the instructions for this can be found under Chat Group on the top menu.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]